Services & Physicians
General Surgery Physicians
Kenneth H. Eckhert III, MD, FACS
Dr. Eckhert is a fellowship-trained general surgeon, specializing in advanced laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery, and the Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILSTM) technique. Using these minimally invasive practices, Dr. Eckhert performs surgeries to treat upper gastrointestinal issues, hernias, and diseases of organs such as the colon, spleen, gallbladder and appendix.
In addition to his clinical duties, Dr. Eckhert plays an important leadership role both at Mercy Hospital of Buffalo and in the field of surgery. He is the Chairman of the Robotic Surgical Committee, Associate Chairman of Surgery at Mercy Hospital, and Vice President of Medical Staff for the Catholic Health System. He also donates his time and expertise as president and lead surgeon for Friends of Good Samaritan, a non-profit organization that provides medical care in Haiti. Dr. Eckhert makes annual trips, along with other physicians and nurses, to perform surgery for those in need.
Dr. Eckhert completed his general surgery residency and a fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery at Albany Medical Center. Prior to that, he earned his medical degree from Memorial University of Newfoundland Medical School and his undergraduate degree from the University of Dayton.
He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. In addition, Dr. Eckhert holds positions in several academic and professional organizations, including:
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, SUNY Buffalo
- Clinical Adjunct Faculty, D’Youville College
- Adjunct Professor of Clinical Surgery, Daemen College
- Pain Committee Member, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- Medical Executive Committee, Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- American College of Surgeons 2010 President-Elect, WNY Chapter
- Medical Society of the County of Erie
- Buffalo Surgical Society
- He sees patients in the West Seneca office of Surgical Associates of Western NY